Moving to a new place can be exiting, but also scary. If you’re feeling homesick after a move, there are plenty of things you can do to feel better. Here are some tips for how to cope.
- Facetimes & Skype – Video chatting old friends and family is a surefire way to brighten your mood.
- Join an activity – Getting straight into clubs and events that you enjoy will ease the pain of leaving familiarity behind.
- Try new things – The fantastic thing about moving to a new city is the ability to do things you weren’t able to do before.
- Hit the local spots – Going to new restaurants, museums, parks, etc. is a great way to get you excited about your new home.
- Road trips – Visiting your old town will, of course, relieve your homesickness. Eventually, leaving will hurt less and less.