Spring is the time when everyone starts making repairs and updating their homes. You might have a project you need to start, but don’t know whether you need a handyman or if you should call in a specialist. Read these tips to help you figure it out.
- If you can do the work, but you don’t want to, hire a handyman. Painting, changing out knobs, pressure washing, and minor repairs are perfect jobs for a handyman.
- If you’re under warranty, calla a specialist. Some appliance warranties mandate that any repairs are made by a specialist. Don’t risk nullifying your warranty by not hiring a licensed technician.
- If your work requires a license, call a specialist. Find out if your project requires a license by calling your local municipality. Things like plumbing, electrical, and gas work typically require a license.
- If you want to save a little cash, hire a handyman. This isn’t always a good rule of thumb to follow – you get what you pay for. However, if money is tight, it may be something to consider.
- If your house will be wrecked if something goes wrong, hire a specialist. If a knob falls off your kitchen cabinet because it wasn’t screwed on tight enough, easy fix. But if your house burns down because your electrical wiring wasn’t installed correctly, well…